Sunday, January 31, 2010

Equipment Update

My computer has been getting slower and slower. Sometimes, it can't even keep up with my typing. When I got a virus, the tech said, "Gee, you have a lot of files" like that was a problem. And I was hitting more and more Net sites where I had to tack left and right just to read it!

I'm also the only person I know who has rec'd an error message while surfing the Net that basically says, "Hold on while we eliminate and compress files to make up for your rediculously inadequate Internet memory."

That was the last straw. I complained to hubby but he was too busy to deal. Then I told my daughter about my problem and she said, "Mom, you need a new computer. How old it that one, anyway?"

I checked. Wow. The durn thing is ten years old, which says a lot for Dell, I guess. So between my brother, the techie/ computer,etc. expert and dh who is way more knowlegable about
this stuff than I am, I'm getting a new HP with huge memory and lots of power--more, probably, than I'll ever need.

Will this make me a better writer? No.

But it sure will reduce my frustration level!

No comments: