Thursday, June 30, 2011

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES...

Less than two days ago, I started on doxycycline for Lyme Disease. Before that, I was exhausted all the time and foggy-brained. Had flashy headaches, especially if I read, as my visual focusing was affected. I had aches here, aches there--and they migrated from one side of my body to the other--and back!

Today I woke up at 6 a.m. feeling rested and in no pain. I got up, showered, dressed, started the laundry and made oatmeal. Got bloodwork and left @ ll a.m. with dh for a report on his Lyme test and scan.

No surprise. He has Lyme, too! We picked up his meds, ate out, and here I am at the computer. I have a 4 p.m. doctor's appointment myself, but am not tired. Best of all, my brain has lost its Lyme "fuzziness." That's good. I'm enough of a space cadet on "normal" days.  :)

So my life is returning to doable. How about women who are still living with an abusive, controlling batterer? When they get better, has dp ("dear"partner) acknowledged how much they do for him every day? Has he "allowed" them to "slack off" because of illness? Does he treat them the same as before?

Eeeeeek. What a thought.

No comments: