Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PLANNING THANKSGIVING DINNER

It's not that easy, planning Thanksgiving dinner when you have 10 or more people coming. Luckily, my daughter wants to do her first Thanksgiving dinner with her aunt's and my help. We are all friends and we see family enough so we know who's best at making what. We decide on a menu and then decide who will bring the squash, the pies, the broccoli or green bean casserole, etc. It's always a lot of work, but it's not a lot of drama.

Some families don't see each other from year to year, or don't enjoy their visits very much. The victim of battering dreads these get togethers when they happen. She hopes she doesn't have visible bruises, a limp or a sprained wrist. She hopes her batterer doesn't get into a fight with someone, humiliate her with verbal abuse, or drink too much.

My family is not perfect, but I am eternally grateful I don't have to worry about any of the above. That's what I plan to give thanks for this Thanksgiving. I hope you can, too.
'

No comments: