Tuesday, April 3, 2012

EASTER PARTY

The shelter always has a party on Group night for major Christian holidays. Easter is fun for the kids because they’re getting outside more and some have already gone on Easter Egg hunts. The shelter provides Easter games, crafts, and a dose of junk food that the kids love.

 My own Easter celebration is to make a good ham dinner and invite my sister, daughter, and son-in-law. I also give my two little “friends” next door a small toy and a bag of candy like the ones I give to the kids at the shelter. I have lots of fun making these treats and the kids love to get them.

Though Easter is the religious celebration of Christ’s ascension, it is also connected in my mind at least, to spring, flowers, and chocolate.  

It should be a happy time. I hope your Easter is just what you want it to be.

No comments: